Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When A Long Winter Turns Into Spring

January 8, 2012:

And just like that winter break was over, and spring semester has begun.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed my break. I am going to miss:

  • 24 hour caf -AKA my fridge.
  • My own bed that doesn't remind me of a summer camp bunk bed.
  • My. Car.
  • No alarms needed. Ever.
  • Access to a gym that didn't frustrate me more than the workout itself.
  • MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS FROM HOME.
But, alas, all good things must come to an end. *tear*

On a brighter note... SECOND HALF OF FRESHMAN YEAR HAS BEGUN! New classes, new classmates, new material, and new chapel attendance to be filled! Come on, you know you're excited. Plus, all of your Loma family is here to catch up with. Now those are some people that I desperately missed over break.

Upon arrival back to my lovely home away from home, I've been met with a few new things:
  • New students? What?! Transfers, returners, NSOhmy!
  • The...caf? Cool setup, but I for one can't work those gosh darn soup pot container things.
  • The weather. Is freezing. Now you colder region dwellers don't get mad at me. I'm strictly speaking "sunny San Diego" sterotypes here.
Well, I'm off to finish my homework...
Home work on the first day? Lucky me!

Peace for now Loma,
Em

#MyLife@Loma





No comments:

Post a Comment