Sunday, August 26, 2012

#02 This Is Home

August 26, 2012:

The final day of NSO.

Today is the final day of NSO as we know it. Let me say that I feel so blessed to be a part of a school that has such amazing, and well thought out traditions. Today we freshman participated in a pretty big one. The "sand ceremony".

So a little description about this not so conventional tradition.

Every student gets a handful of sand and drops it into this big aquarium resulting in this pretty cool layered effect. Then that aquarium gets put on display in the caf until four years from now, when we will graduate, and take a vial of that same sand with us while we head on to the next chapter in our life.

Pretty sweet huh?

With speeches from our ASB president (we have been seeing alot of him lately no?), Spiritual Life director, pastors, and others, we were told some pretty profound things.

Here are a few:
-"No matter what you are doing, whether it be a burrito run, target run, or a trip to the Caf, take people with you. Just go trough the halls and collect them. "

-" Each class sets the attitude for the the entire class. If everyone is friendly, serious, or fun it will show to all of the professors and adults who come in contact with you."

-" I don't know when the trasition will happen for all of you, but I can rememeber when I first started referring to Loma as 'my home'. I couldn't wait to get back."

In addition to an amazing sand ceremony, everyone got their first taste of the campus church service. Which, in my opinion, was amazing. The various forms of worship, great message, and great atmosphere made me feel very welcome.

All in all it's been a pretty relaxed day full of final goodbyes, campus deiscoveries, and promises of a great next four years.

I guess all there is left to say is,
Welcome home everyone!

#MyLife@Loma





No comments:

Post a Comment