Sunday, September 9, 2012

#07 Let the Good Times Roll

September 9, 2012:

I've been meaning to blog since Friday, but darn college got in the way.

Well, more like college social life.

So this past week has been a pretty good one. It was still a 4-day week, (good luck next weeks guys!) so not that bad. But you can still tell that teachers are kicking our butts into high gear already. Everywhere you look there are people studying. Your hall, the library, the caf, Bobby B's, the grass, caf lane, on the cliffs- okay maybe not that last one- are all places that you can find some poor soul cramming for some stressful test/quiz/paper. I'm no exception.

But you know what? It's okay, because those who work hard, play hard. And we Loma kids are no exception.

This weekend has been pretty non stop for me and probably so many others.

I've cliff jumped, which is probably one of THE COOLEST things to do here! I highly recommend it!

Wait, no I don't. Cliff jumping is illegal. What? Who told you to go jumping? You didn't hear it from me...

Friday night was great. I randomly went with 3 other girls (that I didn't really know!) and met up with 3 other guys on the shuttle (who we didn't really know!) and we all (not really knowing each other!) took the trolley and explored the Gaslamp district together.

Moral of the story, community happens. Even when you aren't on campus.

Oh I see what you did there, Point Loma... ;)

On Saturday I visited North Park. (in a zipcar! Crazy little thing that car is.) I went with some friends to Big City Tattoo so that they could get some piercings done. Great place, I definitely recommend it.

For piercings! Not tattoos.

Then that night a few of my hall mates, our lovely R.A., and I got all dolled up and went out for Sushi downtown. It was so much fun, and I finally had a reason to wear my heels! Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking, why not wear them around our lovely, hill infested campus eh? Funny.

And then there is today. Sunday. The day that I go to church and then straight to the library to conquer my mountain of homework. No fun there right?

Well I'm here. And I am conquering it. Obviously I am, or I wouldn't be blogging now would I?

Alright you got me. I should probably get to work on my huge writing assignment that's due tomorrow.

Whoops!

Well who's to say that I won't leave here and have an amazing night tonight. Which I plan on doing. Who knows, maybe I'll go play hide-and-seek in IKEA.

Good luck on our 5-day week everyone!

-Emily
#MyLife@Loma
And yes, I am going to shamelessly plug that I am running for student government, and that I would love for you to vote for me, Sept. 13-14 :) Please and thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment