Friday, September 14, 2012

#08 Layers

September 14, 2012:

Third week of classes is officially in the books.

It's also the first full week that we've had here at Loma.Yes!

This week has been yet another chapter in the ever interesting life of a college student. Plus, the weather has been ridiculous lately. I'm talking random fog and clouds all day! Anyways, this week has been full of chapels with funny Englishman speakers, classes with crazy professors and crazy loads of homework, and of course all of our crazy college shinanigans.

One of which is currently underway, Loma Thrill Night! (NAZ NIGHT!)

Which of course I'm not attending :(

I'm not bitter. Really.

I'm only not in attendance because I have a XC meet bright and early tomorrow! Seven A.M.!
Boo.

Oh well, GO SEA LIONS! <--Sorry, had to do a little plug right there.

So it's been three weeks. Twenty-one days. Which means that college is finally peeling back the layers of all who attend here. It's good though.

This is where we find out who we bond with, who we clash with, who's the class brain, who's the class clown, and which of us are genuinely good people. Which is probably most of us. I hope.

Also, something just came to my attention this week which makes me love this wonderful school that much more! No, it's not that this campus is stinkin' gorgeous even when it isn't sunny; it's the Caf staff. They are probably the kindest, sweetest, most helpful staff anywhere. They are always willing to chat or even just introduce themselves. This past week I had the privilege of meeting one of them. I was studying in the caf and wasn't feeling very talkative, but something told me to say good morning to the man restocking the napkins. I did and we exchanged names, (although I still to this day can never make out exactly what he says his name is) and he thanked me for saying good morning to him. Then he went off and said good morning and introduced himself to a few other people at the tables next to mine. He was genuinely happy to just be appreciated and talked to. Needless to say, that encounter has stuck with me all week. And now every time I go in, I look for him just to say hello.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend chatting up one of the staff. They are the best!

Also I challenge you to talk to someone new this weekend, or even next week. Sit next to someone new. Re connect with someone you haven't really talked to in a while. You never know, you may learn something new :)

Well I really should get on to my writing home work. I, like many others who had to attend a Shakespeare play this past Thursday, am an "Evarkutie" [eh-var-cu-tea]. Gotta love Prof. Evarkiou...

Whether you will be spending this weekend recovering from Naz Night, spending it at home, or having a grand old time here at Loma, I wish you all of the greatest memories, long naps, and fun in the next few days.

Recommendations:
-It's going to be a hot weekend here! Beeeeeach!
-Have a roomie date night! Unless your roomie is out of town. Then that would just be awkward.
-Eat up those care packages that have been coming in alot lately! Like mine!!(Thanks mom!)
-SLEEP

Keep it classy, not trashy Loma!

Peace,
Emily

#MyLife@Loma
p.s. If you happen to be at Naz night and reading this, DON'T MISS OUR VERY OWN POINTLESS when they perform at 8:30. They are truly amazing! And fun! <---Yet another shameless plug! ;]







No comments:

Post a Comment