Monday, October 8, 2012

#11: Dawn of the Dead and Sleep Deprived

 October 8, 2012:

Week seven begins...
I meant to blog about last week LAST WEEK....but alas I caught a nasty cold. Me and probably a good chunk of the student body.

Welcome to fall flu season and community guys!

Anywho, last week was my first ever glimpse into a real life zombie apocalypse! (haha real life...zombie...funny.) Yellow cation tape and orange bands were a common sight around. Also nerf guns and cardboard swords in the caf cubbies became a norm. I for one was going to play....I swear I was going to play! I even had my bands, but when I saw how intense it got and how people literally lost sleep and became paranoid from playing.

Crazy college kids...

And then it all came down to storming the Greek on Friday! Five p.m. zombies and human survivors alike flooded to the Greek ampitheatre to one final face-off. By the end of it there were about 15 humans who officially "survived" the apocalypse.

Then on Saturday, the final event was an "Acapocalypse" acapella concert here on campus at the Crill auditorium. I was so stoked because
1. I'm super into acapella right now. Like Pitch Perfect? Saw that. Glee warblers? Loved them.
2. One of my best friends from my home town (a FRESHMAN mind you!) made the school group "Pointless". So proud of that kid. He's the only freshman ginger in the group might I add ;)

It was great. The songs were FANTASTIC! "Home" and "She Will Be Loved" made me cry. Pointless KILLED it. Key Of Sea (our newest ALL GIRL group) made their debut. Shout out to my friend Sophia! Great job girl :]

AND THE BEAT BOXING COMPETITION. Who knew all of those sounds could be made with JUST you mouth?!? Mind. Blown.

Yes, I really was sick this weekend. Yes, acapella concerts, zombie apocalypse fights, midnight scooter rides, random trips to the movies, and kayaking trips are my medicine. With a school like mine, "carpe diem" is a way of life. All day, everyday.

Well, I better wrap this post up. Gotta get to an ASB meeting....

Peace and Love Loma,

Em
#MyLife@Loma

P.s. here are quite a few visual aids....and some (crappy) video. Sorry about that. But please do enjoy the lovely commentary on the Zombie/Human showdown video done by my crazy cool and super funny hall mate, Kaili Kinoshita!
And another thank you to my blessing of a roomate, Marissa Loera, for all of the funny "human" photos;) I love all 4 ft. 9 in. of her!







  




No comments:

Post a Comment