Sunday, October 28, 2012

#14: It's All Downhill From Here

October 28, 2012:

So it's the end to another Sunday night. Homework is frantically being finished, coffee is brewing, and phone or Skype calls to loved ones back home are being made. I can honestly say that this past weekend has been one of my favorites by far here at Loma. Here's why...

1) It's nice to take a weekend off. Just relax. Get the homework out of the way and forget about it. When you're in that mindset of feeling the need to be busy doing things EVERY weekend because " I work hard and study all week so I deserve to have fun", it's good just to take a weekend off to do nothing but rest. By that I mean go with the flow. Don't plan things, just let them happen. Like going Halloween costume shopping with good friends. Who said getting excited over Halloween was just for kids ;)

2) Experiencing "first"s with people is a great feeling! Especially when that person is your roommate :) Whether it be Chick-Fil-A, timeout, or froyo, go do it! Making new friends along the way is also a bonus. You won't be sorry.

3)FAMILY WEEKEND! Okay so I didn't have my family here this weekend, but I'm still happy for it. It meant FREAKING GREAT CAF FOOD! Sure Loma is just sucking up to the parents, but hey, we get great food out of it! Can't wait until preview days start, more sucking up!

4)Lomapalooza. Sounds like a carnival, actually is a pretty chill outdoor BBQ with great music. Meg & Bryan headlined it, but there were a few other great opening bands too! Sitting out on the lawn, eating with friends, and enjoying great music on a perfect evening is definitely my definition of Point Loma Nazerene University. Eat your heart out UC's!

5) Watching your friends play intramural dodge ball. Aaaaah intramurals...I love those ninjas :)

and finally

6) Walking around campus on a Sunday afternoon. By yourself. Quietly. Just do it.

And that was my relaxing weekend in a nutshell. This week wasn't so bad. And you KNOW everyone is counting down the three weeks until THANKSGIVING BREAK! YAY!

And with that I will leave you with this. Courtesy of my freshman core values class :)
Peace Loma!
-Emily
#MyLife@Loma
P.s. Did you watch that tsunami? LAME.







No comments:

Post a Comment