Monday, November 5, 2012

#15: Coming Full Circle

November 5, 2012:

WEEK ELEVEN? Seriously?

So the home stretch begins. Research papers are being researched (or not...). Thanksgiving plans are being made. And it's dark at 5 p.m. now! <<< Winter is coming.

Last week was pretty eventful.

First college Halloween here at Loma. You can take the the kid to college, but you can't make the kid grow up. Can you say Trick-or-treating? Tons of candy? Blistered feet? It's okay if you can't, after that night I couldn't either. Jokes aside, I'm getting too old for this...

Princesses, toddlers in tiaras, "nothing"s, and slutty whatevers abounded that night. Nothing unusual. Except that it was all done on a college budget! Wooohooo! ;)

Then the next day was the first PREVIEW DAYS of the year! I, of course, volunteered my lovely roommate to help set up for the event, and we hosted a preview student that Thursday night. Hey, she got a pretty awesome shirt out of it okay? Geeze. HUNGER GAMES was the featured "movie at the Greek" that night, and it was okay. The movie is awesome and great and all, but they could have AT LEAST turned the Greek light off so we could see 80% of the stinkin' movie! Anyways, we kept it real with all of the random outbursts of laughter, commentary, and the occasional volunteer tribute. After all of that, I ran back to go meet my preview student. Mind you I could have toned it down and not been so hyper, but I wasn't about to lie to these girls. Dorm life is loud.

Our student's name was Haley and she was a junior. We spent the night answering her questions, talking about Point Loma, and filling her with In-N-Out at 2 a.m. Oh, and only giving her 5 hours of sleep. You know, just preparing her for college life. All in all this first preview weekend of Freshman year was pretty cool. Remembering my last preview day, which was exactly a year ago, really made me realize just how far I have come in the past year.

Well I should cut this post short, because I have a mile high stack of homework calling my name. Or maybe it's someone else's name...

Until next time Loma,

Emily

#MyLife@Loma


No comments:

Post a Comment